County Motor Vehicle Office Current Operations Map (for title and registration of vehicles)
Driver License Services
At all state operated driver office locations, appointments are required and customers will be required to wear face masks. They will be screened with a laser thermometer for fevers, and must answer a COVID-19 questionnaire. Customers who have fevers or exhibit COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed into state offices. Customers should not bring guests because guests will not be allowed into any driver license office while social distancing is in place. If a guest is essential such as a caregiver or translator, customers must specify that a guest is needed when making an appointment.
For more information, please check out our Phased Reopening Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
While we have taken significant safety precautions inside our State run DMV offices, we understand that some customers in specific high-risk categories may still be concerned about their safety, yet still need to access our driver license or vehicle services. High-risk customers can include, (among others) older adults, especially those with underlying medical conditions; customers fighting cancer or chronic kidney disease; those with severe asthma or serious heart disease; and those who are immunocompromised or whose doctor has indicated they should not wear a mask. If you are in a high-risk category and not eligible to complete your transaction online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about additional options to complete your service.
Exact change, checks or credit cards are appreciated, due to a federal shortage in change.
*Individual customers needing motor vehicle titles, or vehicle registrations or renewals should contact their county motor vehicle office. We cannot schedule appointments in our driver license offices for these services.
All state Driver License Offices have now reopened for appointments only. Customers can schedule appointments by using our online scheduler. For CO-RCSA services, please call 303-205-2335. The DMV will only be able to serve customers with appointments and will not be able to accommodate walk-in customers. This is so the DMV may serve customers more efficiently by prioritizing appointments for services that can only be performed in-office. Appointment scheduling information.
During this time, we will be scheduling customers who are unable to use online services and must visit an office. These services include:
- Initial issuance of driver licenses, identification cards and instruction permits
- Some driver license or identification card renewal customers who are ineligible to renew online
- Instruction permit holders who need to take the written test (please note that the DMV will not be conducting drive tests at this time. Customers needing drive tests should reach out to a driving school for testing).
- Instruction permit holders who are ready to upgrade to a driver license
- Coloradans needing CO-RCSA services please call 303-205-2335
- Coloradans seeking a state-issued driver license or ID card for the first time, including those transferring a credential from another state or country (first-time applicants are encouraged to start the process on myDMV.Colorado.gov to shorten the duration of the visit)
Vehicles Services Section is now serving IRP customers and allowing for Dealer Title drop off/pick up; both by appointment only at this time. All other services will continue to be online or via mail only at this time (though we are working on bringing other services to appointments as well).
Vehicle Services has recently installed a drop box in front of Entrance A at 1881 Pierce St. Items that have been previously mailed can now also be dropped off. Please be advised this is NOT for county transactions (such as private vehicle sales, personal registrations, plate transfers, transfers from out-of-state, etc.), you will still need to complete these transactions with your county office. This is also NOT for dealer resale titles (dealers see below to schedule an appointment). Do not deposit cash and make sure all deposits are contained in a sealed envelope. Incomplete/incorrect documentation will be returned with checks destroyed. The box is checked twice daily, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
Record search appointments now available. Please see below for more information.
Customers trying to register their newly purchased vehicle, or with questions about their vehicle registration renewals, should contact their county motor vehicle office. State DMV offices cannot register vehicles.
- IRP Customers: Appointments are available for new originals, or renewals and supplements; please select the appropriate transaction when scheduling (if a time is not available, please check back later as we will continue to add appointments). Please fax any documentation you have for your appointment a minimum of 1 business day prior to your appointment to 303-205-5981 to ensure your transaction can be processed. If all required documentation is not provided or accurate, this could result in having to reschedule your appointment if the transaction cannot be completed during your scheduled time.
- To schedule an appointment, click here and select the appropriate IRP transaction box
- Dealers: NEW! Appointments are now available to process 3 dealer titles in a 30 minute appointment window. Please be advised only 1 dealer appointment to process the 3 dealer titles will be allowed each day; violators will have their appointments rescheduled. Dealer title drop off appointments are still available as well.
- To schedule an appointment, click here and select either “Dealer Title Drop Off” to drop off dealer titles or “3 Dealer Titles Processed” to process 3 titles in the 30 minute window.
- To schedule an appointment, click here and select "Dealer Title Drop Off"
- Record Searches: Appointments are available for record searches starting July 13, 2020. Appointments are 30 minutes in length and you may complete as many searches as the 30 minutes will allow; extensions past the 30 minutes will not be allowed to keep on schedule. Please be advised that appointments are only allowed at one per 24 hours.
- To schedule an appointment, click here and select “Motor Vehicle Record Searches”.
- Record searches may also be deposited in the dropbox outside of Entrance A at 1881 Pierce.
Please note, we cannot perform county transactions; please contact your county for more information.
Driver Control Front Office Cashiering
The Driver Control Front Office Cashiering Unit will reopen to the public by appointment on Monday, July 20 for:
- Motor Vehicle Records
- Paying a Ticket
- DOT Medical updates
This opening will be by appointment only, but you will be able to get all services done as you would normally when we were open prior to COVID. Those coming into the office will be required to wear a face covering/mask and have their temperature checked. If they are feverish or not wearing a mask, they will not be allowed admittance. Since services are limited due to social distancing, customers should use online services whenever possible.
- Scheduling is now available! To schedule an appointment, click here and select the appropriate transaction box
Driver Control has also recently installed a drop box in front of Entrance A at 1881 Pierce St. Items that have been previously mailed can now also be dropped off. Do not deposit cash and make sure all deposits are contained in a sealed envelope. Incomplete/incorrect documentation will be returned with checks destroyed. The box is checked twice daily, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.