Duplicate Title

Apply for a duplicate/replacement title when your original motor vehicle certificate of title is:

  • Illegible

  • Lost

  • Stolen

  • Mutilated

  • Altered


Residents Must Provide:

A lien release is required for all active liens. The lien release must be on the lienholder\'s letterhead (letterhead is not required if lienholder is an individual). Photo and fax copies are accepted and must include vehicle year, make, VIN, titled owner\'s name(s), agent\'s signature, date of lien release and must be signed under penalty of perjury in the second degree as defined in C.R.S. 18-8-503. The duplicate title will be issued omitting all reference to the lien pursuant to C.R.S. 42-6-126.

Apply for a duplicate title at your county motor vehicle office.


Nonresidents Must: