Lost or Stolen Vehicle Registrations or Titles

The Motor Vehicle Investigations Unit does not have the statutory authority to investigate lost or stolen vehicle registrations or titles.
If your vehicle registration or vehicle title is lost or has been stolen, you may report this incident to your local law enforcement agency to have it on record. Many law enforcement agencies are providing online reporting. In order to obtain a new copy of your vehicle registration or title please visit: mydmv.colorado.gov.
Go to the "Vehicle Services" tab and then select "Request a duplicate registration card" or "Request a duplicate title."
If you run into issues obtaining it, please contact the Colorado DMV-Vehicle Services (Titles and Registrations) Section at (303) 205-5607.