Please note: Motor Vehicle Records are also known as MVRs or Driving Records
Requesting Your Driving Record
- The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles maintains driving records that reflect activity posted to the driver record for the past seven years.
- The record cannot be limited to show periods of less than seven years.
- Motor vehicle records are maintained in accordance with State and Federal laws including the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the requirements of the Federal Trade Commission.
Requesting Another Person's Driving Record
Privacy laws prevent us from providing you with a driving record (other than your own) without that person's permission.
If you are requesting a record as an employer or because of a pending court case, you may be permitted to receive the record based upon the criteria of the Driver Record Search Requestor Release.
- You may purchase certified and non-certified copies of your motor vehicle record online
- Non-certified copies will be emailed to the address you provide
- Certified copies will be sent via postal mail
Written requests must include:
Date of birth
Driver license number (if available)
Complete and legible original signature of driver
Photocopy of driver photo ID bearing signature
In An Office
Certified and non-certified motor vehicle records may be purchased at any full-service driver license office.
For additional information, complete the web form.