If a Police Officer Was Present at the Scene
- If you were involved in an accident and a police officer was called to the scene to obtain all the needed information, you do not need to provide any forms unless you receive a letter from the Department of Revenue
- If you are sent a notice by the department it will inform you of what needs to be done.
If a Police Officer Was Not Present at the Scene
- If a police officer was not called to the scene of the accident you may file an accident report online.
- If an accident report is filed online by an individual, the report does not get investigated by a law enforcement agency. The reports are kept for record purposes only.
- Provide the other driver with your:
How do I get a copy of an accident report for an accident I was involved in?
You will need:
Completed form DR2489 (Requestor Release and Affidavit of Intended Use)
The required fee
Please allow 90 days for receipt of the accident report by the law enforcement agency and to be data entered into the driver license system. The department maintains accident information for seven years.