Any citation payable to the Department of Revenue must be postmarked within 20 days of the violation date in order for payment to be applied to the citation and to prevent the citation from being sent to the court.
- Citations that are designated as a Summons or a Municipal citation must be paid through the appropriate court and cannot be accepted through the Department of Revenue.
- You may pay online
- Mail payment may be check or money order (We do not accept cash unless you pay in person).
- All checks or money orders should be made payable to the Department of Revenue.
- Phone payments are not available.
- Payment is considered an admission of guilt and if an individual wishes to contest the citation a court appearance is required.
- The court appearance date is shown on the citation
- A point reduction will be applied to all citations paid in a timely manner.
- The charge shown on the citation will remain the same
Lost Ticket, Citation or Payment Verification
- Lost tickets, Port of Entry citations, payment verification, court phone number or questions regarding a Penalty Assessment Citation may be answered through 303-205-5610.
- All non-English speaking customers must provide their own interpreter.
Minors (Under 18)
- All citations issued to a minor must be accompanied with a Penalty Assessment Notice Minor Affidavit, Form DR 2334, which the officer should provide to the minor.
- Parental signature must be witnessed by a Notary Public and seal with signature of Notary on the form.