Adult Permit

What do I need to do before I go to the driver license office?
What do I need to bring to the driver license office?
What accommodations are available for the Driving Knowledge Test?
  • For customers needing accommodations with the Driving Knowledge Test, we offer having the exam read by the testing machine, visual accommodations within the test, translation to other languages, including sign language (please note that test-takers must provide the translator, except for sign language), and a written version of the test.

What if I'm older than 21 and have an out-of-state instruction permit?

  • You are required to get a new permit, then can take the drive skills test with a driving school
  • You must complete a drive skills test with an approved driver education school
  • Bring the following to the driver license office:
    • Your valid out-of-state instruction permit
    • Identification documents
    • Your Social Security number (physical proof not needed)
    • Proof of current physical Colorado address documents
    • Applicable fee