AAMVA also honors State’s marketing, writing and website
LAKEWOOD, Friday, May 5 — The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles continues to lead DMVs throughout the world in customer service, communications and its website according to the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA), which has members in all U.S. states, Guam, and every province and territory in Canada.
The DMV received five awards on Wednesday at AAMVA’s 2023 Region 4 Conference in Phoenix, Arizona and will receive four more honors at the association’s 2023 Annual International Conference in September at Madison, Wisconsin.
In total, the DMV will receive nine awards for its efforts to better serve all Coloradans. The winning efforts are:
- International and regional awards in Customer Convenience for DMV2GO, which can set up pop-up and mobile driver license offices throughout the state, including rural areas where Coloradans might not have convenient access to DMV services. DMV2GO offers Coloradans the same services as a standard driver license office, except Driving Knowledge tests and endorsement exams. DMV2GO also offers access to online vehicle registration and driver record services as well.
- International and regional communications awards for the DMV’s website, DMV.Colorado.gov, which is the most visited state agency website in Colorado with 5.9 million unique visitors and a total of 9.7 million sessions in 2022. All of the DMV’s web pages have a plug-in which allows users to translate web pages into their preferred language — with more than 150 languages available. The website also makes it easy for customers to complete various DMV services online.
- International and regional communications awards in informative writing for the DMV2GO reveal press release, which was written clearly and concisely and featured photos, b-roll and a fact sheet. The press release was published or covered by over 18 news outlets, when only one local news outlet was able to attend the reveal event in Pagosa Springs.
- International award for overall communications campaign for "DMV Anywhere. Yes, Anywhere." Marketing Campaign. The multifaceted, bi-lingual marketing campaign focused on encouraging people to use DMV online services. The campaign focused on odd times or locations that Coloradans could actually DMV.
- Regional award in innovative use of technology for Pocketalk Plus, which gives each state DMV office the ability to communicate with customers in more than 80 languages. The devices provide two-way translation and interpretation in real time, and give the DMV the ability to communicate in languages less common than English and Spanish.
- Regional award in advertising for the DMV recruiting video, which the DMV used to help recruit civil servants during a historically tight labor market in 2022.
“I am humbled that our work was so well regarded by AAMVA and colleagues from other states and provinces,” DMV Senior Director Electra Bustle said. “We have an incredibly talented team that works hard each and every day to not only serve Colorado, but proactively seeks ways that we can make it easier and more convenient to DMV, whether that’s online, in an office or on the go.”
In recent years, the DMV has received several awards for improvements to customer service including honors the Colorado Driver Handbook, digital ID acceptance, writing, advertising and improving the customer experience.
"These awards really highlight some of the great innovations taking place at the Colorado DMV," said Mark Ferrandino Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Revenue, which oversees the DMV. "Our great DMV team has worked really hard to roll out new services that allow Coloradans to easily access DMV services in a variety of ways, challenging the national stereotype of DMVs as being slow or archaic. I am so proud of our DMV team who continues to create a nimble and modern DMV that puts customers first."
Coloradans can DMV anywhere. Yes, anywhere. Online, in-office or on the go, Coloradans have more options than ever before. Discover all the ways to DMV at DMV.Colorado.gov/Anywhere.