General Information

Driver Licenses / Permits / ID Cards

Colorado residents may hold a Colorado driver license, permit or Colorado ID card -- not both.

What do I need to get a license, permit or ID card?

Sex Change
  • To get a new credential, you must request the change in person and present a new Colorado birth certificate or DR 2083 form. There is no additional fee for people to change the sex identifier, however, individuals will need to pay the standard fee to obtain a new credential. More information is available on our change your sex webpage.
Where's my ID?
You should receive your credential within 10-14 business days, if not you should check your mailing status with the "Where's my Driver License/ID?" at
The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles participates in the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrator's State-to State (S2S) service program.