Some individuals subject to driving restraints related to alcohol or drug issues may be allowed to reinstate their driving privileges ahead of their normal eligibility date if they participate in the Ignition Interlock program.
Early reinstatement is limited to drivers who:
- Are residents of Colorado
- Are 21 years of age or older at the time of the violation
- Have satisfied all reinstatement requirements (other than time)
Reinstatements beginning January 1, 2014
- Have a Per Se or DUI conviction and have already served one month for the alcohol related restraint, or
- Have a Refusal of a BAC test and have already served two months for the alcohol related restraint
Drivers wishing to know if they are eligible to participate in the Interlock program should call Driver Services at 303-205-5613 to inquire about early reinstatement.