Report Fraud


Reporting Personal Identity Fraud

If you have reason to believe that your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) like your identification card or driver license number is being misused or has become lost or stolen, you will need to quickly do the following to minimize your losses:


Email DOR Investigations Unit Here

Reporting Motor Vehicle Fraud

Complete the form if you have an allegation concerning the following:

  • You suspect that a driver license, identification card, motor vehicle title or registration was obtained fraudulently.
  • You suspect that someone has a fake, counterfeit or altered driver license or identification card.
  • You suspect that someone failed to give the required or correct information in an application, or commission of any fraud in making such application for a driver license, identification card, motor vehicle title or registration.

The Anonymous Hotline was established to ensure The Division of Motor Vehicle programs prevent and deter fraud, misuse and employee misconduct. The hotline is available to employees and the public suspecting fraudulent activity concerning driver licenses, titles, registrations, criminal activity, and serious misconduct involving DMV employees. The Fraud Hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 1-855-RPT-2DMV (1-855-778-2368).


To report these types of fraud ONLY please complete the Request for Investigation Form. If you have attachments, they can be emailed to dor_investigationsunit@state.co.us.


Investigation Request Form


For all other complaints of criminal activity, contact your local law enforcement.