I'm Active Duty Military or a Veteran

To get a veteran identifier on your license or ID, present one of the following documents during your appointment:
  • Original member 4 copy of the DD-214 that does not indicate a dishonorable discharge
  • Valid military identification card
A military identifier can be added to your driver license or ID card, if you have served or are currently serving in the U.S. military. Only one military identifier may be added to a document (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard, Navy or Space Force). Military identifiers from other states do not transfer -- applicants must present one of the following documents at a driver license office to add a military identifier:
  • Original member 4 copy of the DD214
  • Valid military identification card
  • Valid common access card

Once the veteran indicator and/or military identifier has been added to the driver license or ID card, additional documentation is not required at renewal.


  • If you are serving out of state, you are eligible for a three year extension online. See license extensions for more information.

Vets to Trucks Program

The Vets-2-Trucks program helps Colorado residents who are currently serving in the military, close to being discharged or have been recently discharged, (within one year), qualify for a Colorado CDL. The Vets-2-Trucks program waives the drive skills testing requirement, but requires individuals to successfully pass the written exams.

Vets-2-Trucks Forms

Motorcycle Endorsements

License plates

View a list of military license plates


Driver Personal Information

Driver Record