The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles maintains driving records that reflect activity posted to the record for the past seven years. (They cannot be limited to show periods of less than seven years.) The division also maintains driver histories which go back beyond seven years. These records are maintained in accordance with State and Federal laws including the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the requirements of the Federal Trade Commission.
You may purchase non-certified copies of your driving record at full service Driver License Offices or online at mydmv.colorado.gov. Copies of driver histories and certified copies of driving records and driver histories are available only at the Division of Motor Vehicles, 1881 Pierce St., Lakewood, CO 80214 or by mail (see below mailing address).
- DR 2559 filled out with all appropriate signatures in all appropriate sections
- A typed letter with an explanation of the circumstances for which they need a Letter of Clearance. (Indicate whether they have ever been to/a resident of Colorado, etc.)
- Last 4 digits of their Social Security Number
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Driver License Number (if available)
- Complete and legible original signature of driver
- Photocopy of driver photo ID bearing signature (both sides)
- Return address and contact phone number/email
- Appropriate fee
Department of Revenue
Driver Control Section
P.O. Box 173345
Denver, CO 80217-3345