Colorado Road and Community Safety Act (CO-RCSA SB13-251)
The Colorado Road and Community Safety Act passed by the Colorado legislature in 2013 allows all Coloradans to obtain a standard driver license or I.D. card, regardless of immigration status, as long as they meet all requirements and provide proof of identity and Colorado residency. These credentials are not REAL ID compliant driver license and are issued to a variety of Coloradans, including undocumented immigrants, international students, refugees, temporary workers and pending asylees.
While driver licenses and identification cards issued under CO-RCSA can not be used for federal purposes, voting or public benefits, these credentials are a valid Colorado identification.
Appointments are required at a full-service SB-251 driver license office (see map below). To schedule an appointment, visit the online appointment scheduling page, or call 303-205-2335 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., or contact one of our CO-RCSA partners. These nonprofit groups won't charge you for an appointment, but if you are charged, please contact the Colorado Office of the Attorney General.
When coming in for an appointment, please bring the needed documents listed below:
- Needed documents (Spanish)
- Proof of Residency documents (Spanish)
- Find more information and resources from the third party, I-Drive Coalition
Offices currently offering services to undocumented residents:
- Alamosa - 702 Del Sol Drive Alamosa, CO 81101
- Aurora - 14391 E. 4th Ave. Aurora, CO 80011
- Boulder - 2850 Iris Ave., Suite F Boulder, CO 80301
- Centennial - 5120 E Arapahoe Rd, Centennial, CO 80122
- Colorado Springs - 2447 N. Union Blvd. Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Cortez - 2210 E. Main St. Cortez, CO 81321
- Craig - 555 Breeze St., #130 Craig, CO 81625
- Denver NE - 4685 Peoria St, Denver, CO 80239
- Durango - 329-A S. Camino Del Rio Durango, CO 81303
- Fort Collins - 3030 S. College Ave., #100 Fort Collins, CO 80526
- Fort Morgan - 231 Prospect St., Fort Morgan, CO 80701
- Frisco - 37 County Rd 1005 Frisco, CO 80443
- Glenwood Springs - 51027 Hwy 6 &, 24 Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
- Golden - 16950 W Colfax Ave #104, Golden, CO 80401
- Grand Junction - 222 S. 6th St., Suite 111 Grand Junction, CO 81501
- Greeley - 2320 W Reservoir Rd, Greeley, CO 80631
- Gunnison - 302 N. Main Street Gunnison, CO 81230
- La Junta - 13 W. Third St. Ste 101, Otero County Courthouse, La Junta, CO 81050
- Lakewood Westgate - 3265 S. Wadsworth Blvd., #3A, Lakewood, CO 80227
- Lamar - 3505 Main St, Lamar, CO 81052
- Longmont - 917 S. Main St., Suite 600, Longmont, CO 80501
- Loveland - 118 E. 29th St., Ste F, Loveland, CO 80538
- Montrose - 2305 S. Townsend Ave., Unit C, Montrose, CO 81401
- Northglenn - 11900 Washington St, Northglenn, CO 80233
- Parker - 17924 Cottonwood Dr, Parker, CO 80134
- Pueblo - 827 W. 4th St. Pueblo, CO 81003
- Sterling - 714 W Main St, Sterling, CO 80751
- Trinidad - 200 E. First St., Room 100, Las Animas County Courthouse Trinidad, CO 81082
- Westminster - 8464 Federal Blvd, Westminster, CO 80031
You may apply at any state driver license office but you will need to make an appointment. To schedule an appointment, visit the online appointment scheduling page or call 303-205-2335 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., or contact one of our CO-RCSA partners. These nonprofit groups won't charge you for an appointment, but if you are charged, please contact the Colorado Office of the Attorney General.
- Undocumented residents may renew online.
- Please note that when you renew your driver license or identification card online, your printed receipt and the old/expired credential will serve as your temporary credential. You will not be issued the same temporary credential that is issued to those who visit a driver license office in person.
- If you are a temporarily legal resident, you must visit a driver license office to renew your license or ID card. Renewal only appointments can be made online or by calling 303-205-2335.
Instructions on how to upgrade your driver permit to a driver license here (Spanish).
State of Colorado Information for Standard Credential Customers Under 18 Years of Age (Form DR 2416).
- Temporarily legal resident checklist (DR 2300B)
- Undocumented resident checklist (DR 2300C)
- Request for Copy of Tax Returns (DR 5714)
- Request for Copy of Tax Returns Instructions
- Affidavit of Residency,
- Affidavit of Residency Under 18,
- Affidavit of Liability and Guardianship
- Drive Time Log Sheet
- NIA Assistance Form for Standard License Applicant